Monday, August 15, 2016

From Ben-
First post in a while and I have to do it from my phone so forgive the typos and goofs! One thing I do miss about work besides the people is a fast internet!! Having connectivity withdrawals is bad ha! Anyway we left Dollywood early for a couple reasons, one is that Miriam hurt her shoulder lifting stuff in the kitchen and the other was working a ride there is harder than it seems. There are a lot of things happening at once and you have to keep your head on a swivel trying to make sure people are staying safe. With my hearing and the noise in the building I just couldn't keep up. Those folks running the rides there are working hard! I'll go back in the fall around the end of September to the end of October and work a food booth which is more up my alley.

For now we are in Crossville getting our storm shelter and covered porch put in. Then off for a week of vacation at Myrtle Beach for a break. I know who needs a break from retirement?? Well we haven't had a beach trip on our own in a while so this will be a treat.

As for Workamping we are looking at working at the KOA at Lake Tahoe next spring and summer. We'll just have to see how it goes.

So far retirement has been wonderful and hopefully soon we'll get started on our travels and have some adventures to report back!

No comments:

Post a Comment